Skip to main content

Prime Example

I had (in my world) what was a perfect weekend. On Friday I worked from home in the afternoon and got to take a nap when I was done for the day. Matthew and I then sat outside on our deck and watched the rain storm come through while having a drink. After going down the road for a couple of beers, we came back home to listen to music and make dinner. On Saturday I slept in, woke up with a slight headache, and was as productive as one could be with little ambition. We got our new washer and dryer delivered and installed so I was able to take care of the laundry that had piled up since Matthew's return! After lunch and a few rounds of Mario on WiiU (our newest addiction) we took a drive to find Matthew's new office, stopped at Target (of course) and then hit up my (so far) favorite Mexican place before going home for the night. When we got home we played some more Mario and watched some TV before hitting the hay early to prepare for the dreaded daylight savings time. Sunday was the best day. My boys and I went for a morning hike and had coffee before getting ready for a pool day! We laid out at an amazing watering hole that is just down the road from us! I cannot tell you how amazing it felt to lay outside, tan, and even get IN the water on March 13th. I have a feeling we will be going there often! The rest of the evening involved more Mario (yeah...I know), pizza for dinner, and a great movie before calling it a day.

That's when my perfect weekend went downhill, and fast. This is what I hate the absolute most about my anxiety. It creeps up on me out of nowhere and ruins so many wonderful things. I ended my amazing day in the middle of my living room floor at 2:30 am trying to calm down from an anxiety attack. What started it? Good question. I have no idea. The only thing that I can legitimately point it to is not being able to sleep. Not being able to sleep has, in the past, lead to bouts of major anxiety. I was so pissed off that it had to hit me like that in the middle of a Sunday night. I probably only got about four hours of sleep on Sunday night and paid for it all day on Monday. My mind wouldn't stop racing, my heart was pounding, and I constantly felt like someone was out to get me. That is no way to go about a Monday. I couldn't focus, and I just really struggled to make it through the day in one piece. Once I got home and did a few things like start supper, I felt better and was able to enjoy my Monday night. I slept much better last night and so Tuesday is a 100% mood improvement. Thank God.

That is one prime example of how quickly anxiety can set it. Out of nowhere. For no good reason. I am just thankful that I was able to kick it right back out as quickly as I was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost.

Life lately has been hard. I had a rough week and it seems to have carried through the weekend as well. I hate to even admit that because I'm trying to make some changes in my brain. I'm trying to hammer out what a bad day really is. I'm trying to learn what makes a bad day in Meghan's world. I've been down on myself lately and I don't even understand why. Nothing has changed. My anxiety is constant and I feel like I don't even remember what it's like to not be hyper vigilant. I am in this state of constant worry with "what ifs" running rampant in my brain. It's been having difficulty concentrating on my job, being present in conversations, and even caring about myself in general. I've been irritable and tired.  I just haven't been myself and because I don't know what the real issue is I don't know what to do to bring myself back. I'm stuck. I'm full of doubt and worry and none of it is worth the time I spend thinkin

Whatever Happened to Respect?

I've been thinking a lot lately. Shocker, I know. A friend of mine reached out to me a few months ago about my blog. He talked to me about how he had been tossing around the idea of starting a blog. I asked him what he wanted to write about. His reply really shocked me. He told me he often keeps his opinions to himself and is a "people pleaser" during conversations to avoid any arguments or disagreements between him and his friends. He told me that if his friends knew what his real thoughts and feelings on different topics were they would be really surprised. I was shocked! I didn't think he was one to just go with the crowd. I explained to him that I thought that was a great thing to write about and how I have worked my way out of being that same way. We talked about how keeping our mouth shut doesn't do any good in the long run and eventually it starts to really wear on a person to feel like they can never voice their opinion without feeling like your friends wi

i Don't Know How To Do This

Grieving is not something I have ever been good at. It's not that I haven't suffered any loss in my life, because there has certainly been plenty (even one loss is plenty, honestly) it's something else that I can't quite put my finger on. I am fortunate in that I haven't lost a person in my life, in the sense that they are no longer physically alive, in quite a few years. The last people I did lose were older relatives, which I think is different than someone you were close to on a work and personal level. So, here I am trying to figure out how to grieve the very sudden and even more tragic loss of the closest co worker I've probably ever had in Austin. And I don't know how to grieve her loss. She was in a tragic accident on Sunday, and her name was released yesterday afternoon. It was her and her daughter in her vehicle and neither of them survived. Christa was such a bright and happy person. Sure she was 20 years older than me but our connection was perf