Skip to main content

Fatigue

Fatigue
[fuh-teeg]

noun
1.weariness from bodily or mental exertion.



I am so mentally fatigued that I don't even know what day it is anymore. I haven't been sleeping well for the past 7-10 days and it is wearing on me. I am so busy at work that I don't even know if I am coming or going half the time. I can barely keep my head above water lately. I am so tired of the day to day bullshit. I am so exhausted from trying to do everything. I am burned out from this anxiety that has taken itself to a new level. I was starting to feel the progress that I was making. It was evident to me in my day to day life that things were better. I had less anxiety. I had a slightly higher level of confidence in myself. I was utilizing my coping skills. I was doing my best to build my self esteem. I was feeling so much better about things overall. I came back from Thanksgiving with a positive outlook after leaving in such a funk. I wrote about how I had a better than anticipated transition back to reality.  I had a renewed sense of energy that I was on the right path and that maybe, just maybe, I could put anxiety in the backseat of my life. Just like that it's back up front, riding shot gun and trying so hard to take over the driver's seat. I know with the holidays coming up it is not going to get better anytime soon.


12.26.16
I didn't finish this post when I started it. I had a few bad days and just couldn't do it. Now that the holidays are here and gone I have so much more to write about. I'm trying everything in my toolbox to regulate myself and stay calm, but it's not working so well. Because this is how anxiety takes over my life, I'm not going to finish this post. I will start a new one about the past couple of weeks and maybe when I'm feeling up to it I can write a more in depth post about fatigue and how damn tired I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

i Don't Know How To Do This

Grieving is not something I have ever been good at. It's not that I haven't suffered any loss in my life, because there has certainly been plenty (even one loss is plenty, honestly) it's something else that I can't quite put my finger on. I am fortunate in that I haven't lost a person in my life, in the sense that they are no longer physically alive, in quite a few years. The last people I did lose were older relatives, which I think is different than someone you were close to on a work and personal level. So, here I am trying to figure out how to grieve the very sudden and even more tragic loss of the closest co worker I've probably ever had in Austin. And I don't know how to grieve her loss. She was in a tragic accident on Sunday, and her name was released yesterday afternoon. It was her and her daughter in her vehicle and neither of them survived. Christa was such a bright and happy person. Sure she was 20 years older than me but our connection was perf

Word Vomit

This world and the people in it have gotten so.....delusional. Somewhere along the line people forgot that kindness is free. I'm not talking about helping someone who can't reach the top shelf at the grocery store (although this is something I often do!), or holding the door (common decency) but the kindness that comes along with listening to people who have different opinions than your own. Treating them with respect even if you don't agree with what they're saying. Not making assumptions based on what someone does or does not do. And quite frankly, I'm tired of it. Perhaps I'm in the minority with my thoughts and opinions and morals and beliefs, but even so I shouldn't feel so afraid or sharing them. I try to keep my mouth shut and my thoughts to myself to avoid being attacked by the keyboard warriors, but I realize that this is part of the problem. As tired as I am of the news and the debates and arguments and name calling and judging over COVID 19, BLM,

Lost.

Life lately has been hard. I had a rough week and it seems to have carried through the weekend as well. I hate to even admit that because I'm trying to make some changes in my brain. I'm trying to hammer out what a bad day really is. I'm trying to learn what makes a bad day in Meghan's world. I've been down on myself lately and I don't even understand why. Nothing has changed. My anxiety is constant and I feel like I don't even remember what it's like to not be hyper vigilant. I am in this state of constant worry with "what ifs" running rampant in my brain. It's been having difficulty concentrating on my job, being present in conversations, and even caring about myself in general. I've been irritable and tired.  I just haven't been myself and because I don't know what the real issue is I don't know what to do to bring myself back. I'm stuck. I'm full of doubt and worry and none of it is worth the time I spend thinkin