Skip to main content

S-T-U-B-B-O-R-N

I can't do it all. I want to do it all. I think I can do it all. But I can't. And I shouldn't. Especially since I am 21 weeks along with baby boy Menely.

I never understood people when they said or talked about how much they just loved being pregnant. While I haven't been around or close to that many mama's to be, it always seemed like the stories they told were the next thing to a horror story. Let me tell you. I love being pregnant. That doesn't mean that it's been easy, though. I contribute this "love" to not having to experience any morning sickness, no bleeding, cramping, or other pains that required a doctor call or worry. No major food aversions or strange cravings (yet...there's still time for that one.) And other than unreal heart burn in the beginning (TUMS were my best friend) and boobs so sore it hurt to even move, I have very minimal complaints. At my check up and anatomy scan earlier this week I was still three pounds under my beginning weight (I definitely was not thin or fit before so this isn't that great of news) and had no negative affects or concerns to report. The little guy was not shy about showing us that he is, in fact, a boy and it was so amazing to see his organs and bones developing inside of him.

I have learned a lot (more) about myself during the past 20 weeks as well. I have come to accept that I am indeed, stubborn (thanks, ma!) I used to deny it, thinking I wasn't "that stubborn" but I have proved myself wrong. We are a week away from moving into a bigger apartment and I want to do it myself. I don't want to ask for help. I want to do all of the packing, moving, unpacking, etc. and the fact is I just can't. Even if I was not pregnant I shouldn't want or try to do it all. I don't think I have always been this stubborn, but after years of being rejected and let down I have settled into the stubbornness. I'm also noticing how stubborn I am about work. I don't want to slow down and change how I do things. I want to keep working long days, starting at 8am and ending after 5pm, with a short day on Friday. I can't do that now, and I can't do it post baby. I need to slooooow down so when I get home in the evening I can still function enough to do the things that need to be done at home. Right now that is not happening nearly enough. I always feel guilty for putting myself first. I've dealt with this before and every time I let go of that guilt it seems like everything falls apart. Essentially it's a great way to find out who your friends are. When you start putting yourself first instead of everyone else, they all flee, looking for someone else to put them first. I hope I'm not like that (I don't think I am...am I?) Another piece of this stubbornness also relates to the good old phrase "I told you so." I don't want to hear that phrase, ever. To avoid that I do things my way without taking suggestions or advice, unless I seek it out. If you tell me I can't do something you better look out because I will be on a war path to do just that. If you doubt me I will prove you wrong. It's not that I don't want to be proved wrong, I just don't want to be doubted and told I can't. I tell myself that quite enough without having external sources feeding me bullshit. For me the stubbornness is not about power, it's about protecting myself from anymore hurt that can potentially be avoided. Not a great way of going about healing, but right now that's what's easy and what has worked.

Being pregnant is hard work and I feel so blessed to not only be pregnant, but to have a healthy baby thriving inside of me and his daddy holding my hand on this adventure. It's still surreal to both Matthew and I, and oddly enough it is easy for me to forget that I am pregnant until I try to squeeze behind a tight space or lay on my stomach, or moan and groan when I get out of bed in the morning (well, that's nothing new, but...) Not only is my body experiencing some major growing pains, my brain and mental health status is taking a trip as well. It's been all over the place- maybe even more so than pre pregnancy (thanks, hormones) which I didn't think was possible. It's been a learning curve for me as I am realizing that I need to be gentle with myself now more than ever. For me, that does not come easy, but I know I can do it.
  
YES‼ I Lenda V.L. Won the January Lotto Jackpot‼000 4 3 13 7 11:11 22Universe Please Help Me, Thank You I Am Grateful‼    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost.

Life lately has been hard. I had a rough week and it seems to have carried through the weekend as well. I hate to even admit that because I'm trying to make some changes in my brain. I'm trying to hammer out what a bad day really is. I'm trying to learn what makes a bad day in Meghan's world. I've been down on myself lately and I don't even understand why. Nothing has changed. My anxiety is constant and I feel like I don't even remember what it's like to not be hyper vigilant. I am in this state of constant worry with "what ifs" running rampant in my brain. It's been having difficulty concentrating on my job, being present in conversations, and even caring about myself in general. I've been irritable and tired.  I just haven't been myself and because I don't know what the real issue is I don't know what to do to bring myself back. I'm stuck. I'm full of doubt and worry and none of it is worth the time I spend thinkin

Whatever Happened to Respect?

I've been thinking a lot lately. Shocker, I know. A friend of mine reached out to me a few months ago about my blog. He talked to me about how he had been tossing around the idea of starting a blog. I asked him what he wanted to write about. His reply really shocked me. He told me he often keeps his opinions to himself and is a "people pleaser" during conversations to avoid any arguments or disagreements between him and his friends. He told me that if his friends knew what his real thoughts and feelings on different topics were they would be really surprised. I was shocked! I didn't think he was one to just go with the crowd. I explained to him that I thought that was a great thing to write about and how I have worked my way out of being that same way. We talked about how keeping our mouth shut doesn't do any good in the long run and eventually it starts to really wear on a person to feel like they can never voice their opinion without feeling like your friends wi

i Don't Know How To Do This

Grieving is not something I have ever been good at. It's not that I haven't suffered any loss in my life, because there has certainly been plenty (even one loss is plenty, honestly) it's something else that I can't quite put my finger on. I am fortunate in that I haven't lost a person in my life, in the sense that they are no longer physically alive, in quite a few years. The last people I did lose were older relatives, which I think is different than someone you were close to on a work and personal level. So, here I am trying to figure out how to grieve the very sudden and even more tragic loss of the closest co worker I've probably ever had in Austin. And I don't know how to grieve her loss. She was in a tragic accident on Sunday, and her name was released yesterday afternoon. It was her and her daughter in her vehicle and neither of them survived. Christa was such a bright and happy person. Sure she was 20 years older than me but our connection was perf