Skip to main content

Falling....[apart]....At The Seams

It's almost 6:00 pm and I've had my pajama's on for almost an hour. I got off work at 3:00 today and had every intention of getting a movie, coming home, and hiding away from the world to feel sad and each chocolate and drink wine. Today was a hard day. Today I could've used a mental health day but I muddled through and I survived. I also realized how insanely nice it was outside so when I got home I got my pup leashed up and took him for a hike. When we got done I took him to the dog park. We got a good hours worth of sunshine and exercise which seemed to have boosted my mood a tiny bit. I still put my pajamas on when I got in, and gave Wrigley a new bone to keep him busy.

So here I am, watching a movie and sipping on some wine. I'm still sad. I still hurt inside, and I still want to hide away from the world. I think I've written before about how I hate to tell people when I have bad days or don't feel well because I don't want to be seen as weak. I have no idea when that idea started consuming me. I think it happened when I moved. I am so afraid of what people think about me that I am letting it consume me. In my mind I think that if I have a bad day everyone in my life is going to tell me that I shouldn't have moved away. This is not only completely false, but it is super annoying. I will have bad days for the rest of my life. I am human. Everyone has bad days. And then I realize that nobody probably gives a crap if I have a good day or a bad day. People have their own lives to worry about and how my mental status is fairing doesn't matter to 99% of the people in my life. And I don't blame them.

It's been a long week. Today was hard. Today I hate a lot of things. Today I hurt. Today I wish I had someone to hug. Today I wish I wasn't alone in this bit city that is my home now. Today I miss EVERYTHING familiar to me. I miss our old apartment in Sioux Falls; I miss our couch that we sold to a family that really needed it. I miss our ever dirty kitchen. I miss our unorganized spare bedroom. I miss the water pressure in our shower. I miss looking out the window to spy on neighbors. I miss it all, today. This place doesn't feel like home yet. I have a living room wall still lined with boxes that I can't unpack. I have a box of kitchen stuff that I don't have any room for. I have two kitchen chairs with no table. I have a recliner in the middle of the room with a tote for an end table. The majority of my bath towels are still in a box. I don't have a microwave to heat up leftovers. One of Matthew's Chicago Bears slippers is on the floor because I have no idea where it came from or where the other one is, so I just leave it there to make me think that he is here. The one clock I have on the wall has a dead battery and is stuck at 5:00 (HA! It's 5 o clock somewhere!) I still haven't slept worth a shit since the first night back in my own bed. I have run out of energy.

The only thing keeping me going is having a countdown on days until Matthew gets here. And it's too many. I fell apart a week or two ago, and I'm still trying to put the pieces together again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost.

Life lately has been hard. I had a rough week and it seems to have carried through the weekend as well. I hate to even admit that because I'm trying to make some changes in my brain. I'm trying to hammer out what a bad day really is. I'm trying to learn what makes a bad day in Meghan's world. I've been down on myself lately and I don't even understand why. Nothing has changed. My anxiety is constant and I feel like I don't even remember what it's like to not be hyper vigilant. I am in this state of constant worry with "what ifs" running rampant in my brain. It's been having difficulty concentrating on my job, being present in conversations, and even caring about myself in general. I've been irritable and tired.  I just haven't been myself and because I don't know what the real issue is I don't know what to do to bring myself back. I'm stuck. I'm full of doubt and worry and none of it is worth the time I spend thinkin

Whatever Happened to Respect?

I've been thinking a lot lately. Shocker, I know. A friend of mine reached out to me a few months ago about my blog. He talked to me about how he had been tossing around the idea of starting a blog. I asked him what he wanted to write about. His reply really shocked me. He told me he often keeps his opinions to himself and is a "people pleaser" during conversations to avoid any arguments or disagreements between him and his friends. He told me that if his friends knew what his real thoughts and feelings on different topics were they would be really surprised. I was shocked! I didn't think he was one to just go with the crowd. I explained to him that I thought that was a great thing to write about and how I have worked my way out of being that same way. We talked about how keeping our mouth shut doesn't do any good in the long run and eventually it starts to really wear on a person to feel like they can never voice their opinion without feeling like your friends wi

i Don't Know How To Do This

Grieving is not something I have ever been good at. It's not that I haven't suffered any loss in my life, because there has certainly been plenty (even one loss is plenty, honestly) it's something else that I can't quite put my finger on. I am fortunate in that I haven't lost a person in my life, in the sense that they are no longer physically alive, in quite a few years. The last people I did lose were older relatives, which I think is different than someone you were close to on a work and personal level. So, here I am trying to figure out how to grieve the very sudden and even more tragic loss of the closest co worker I've probably ever had in Austin. And I don't know how to grieve her loss. She was in a tragic accident on Sunday, and her name was released yesterday afternoon. It was her and her daughter in her vehicle and neither of them survived. Christa was such a bright and happy person. Sure she was 20 years older than me but our connection was perf