Skip to main content

A Person's A Person No Matter How Small


I typed this on Wednesday when I was enraged. It came out of an emotional reaction. I decided to sit with it for a few days before sharing. I mean and believe everything I said. I hate that abortion is even an option.


I can't keep quiet anymore. I've been in a rut lately, feeling numb. Yesterday I started feeling feelings again. But the reason is sickening.

This morning when I was leaving for work I saw an article about the New York govenor signing a bill allowing women to murder their children up until  full-term pregnancy. When I read this I became immediately furious. I felt something in me that I have never felt before. I've always been pro-life I just haven't always been vocal about it because I don't need feminists to shame me. After going through the beautiful experience of pregnancy and all that it entails I am even more pissed off and disgusred by this. I heard Theo's heartbeat beat at 8 weeks and I cannot imagine aborting him because I decided he might be an inconvenience to me. It breaks my heart when I think about this new bill. I have been in tears more than once today. Tears fueled by anger,  tears of complete sadness, and even more out of fear. If these people who think this is a victory which deserves celebrating, I see this as the beginning of the end. This is what happens when we let Satan in. Evil is here, in our world, right now, and it's winning.

I know pro-choicers are quick to throw the "unwanted pregnancy from rape" and "the mother's life is at risk" or "the baby isn't going to live anyway" arguments out there. I've done research on this before and what I have found is that these aren't even valid or relevant arguments. I've learned the same thing from several sources and they all say the same thing. There is a 5% chance (at most) that a woman will become pregnant from rape. Pregnancy after rape is extremely rare; when there is a legitimate rape the woman's body has the ability and physiology to shut it down and protect against conception. This is not about women's rights. It's about irresponsible people and the left's agenda to claim "pro choice" as feminism. Why do they believe science when it's related to the weather and "global warming" but chose to deny biology and science regarding human life? It's a double standard. One of many that liberals seem to hold.

Does abortion not phase you or bother you because it doesn't directly affect you? Wrong. The lady in the car next to you may have been trying to conceive for several years with no luck. The lady in front of you at the grocery store may have just suffered a miscarriage. Your sister may have given birth to a still born. Maybe your mom had to use several rounds of IVF to conceive you. And maybe, just maybe, the woman sitting across from you at the coffee shop would give anything to have a child of her own, praying for God to give her what she needs and answer her prayers, meanwhile somebody is murdering their healthy, full term, baby for no good or valid reason. It is murder, and it is disgusting.
   


                                People like to quote Mother Teresa when it comes to being judgmental but they also need to keep her philosophies in mind when it comes to abortion. She was the ultimate pro-life poster-"child"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost.

Life lately has been hard. I had a rough week and it seems to have carried through the weekend as well. I hate to even admit that because I'm trying to make some changes in my brain. I'm trying to hammer out what a bad day really is. I'm trying to learn what makes a bad day in Meghan's world. I've been down on myself lately and I don't even understand why. Nothing has changed. My anxiety is constant and I feel like I don't even remember what it's like to not be hyper vigilant. I am in this state of constant worry with "what ifs" running rampant in my brain. It's been having difficulty concentrating on my job, being present in conversations, and even caring about myself in general. I've been irritable and tired.  I just haven't been myself and because I don't know what the real issue is I don't know what to do to bring myself back. I'm stuck. I'm full of doubt and worry and none of it is worth the time I spend thinkin

Whatever Happened to Respect?

I've been thinking a lot lately. Shocker, I know. A friend of mine reached out to me a few months ago about my blog. He talked to me about how he had been tossing around the idea of starting a blog. I asked him what he wanted to write about. His reply really shocked me. He told me he often keeps his opinions to himself and is a "people pleaser" during conversations to avoid any arguments or disagreements between him and his friends. He told me that if his friends knew what his real thoughts and feelings on different topics were they would be really surprised. I was shocked! I didn't think he was one to just go with the crowd. I explained to him that I thought that was a great thing to write about and how I have worked my way out of being that same way. We talked about how keeping our mouth shut doesn't do any good in the long run and eventually it starts to really wear on a person to feel like they can never voice their opinion without feeling like your friends wi

i Don't Know How To Do This

Grieving is not something I have ever been good at. It's not that I haven't suffered any loss in my life, because there has certainly been plenty (even one loss is plenty, honestly) it's something else that I can't quite put my finger on. I am fortunate in that I haven't lost a person in my life, in the sense that they are no longer physically alive, in quite a few years. The last people I did lose were older relatives, which I think is different than someone you were close to on a work and personal level. So, here I am trying to figure out how to grieve the very sudden and even more tragic loss of the closest co worker I've probably ever had in Austin. And I don't know how to grieve her loss. She was in a tragic accident on Sunday, and her name was released yesterday afternoon. It was her and her daughter in her vehicle and neither of them survived. Christa was such a bright and happy person. Sure she was 20 years older than me but our connection was perf