Skip to main content

My life: The Revolving Door

I don't know if you're familiar with what it feels like to have an emotional hangover, but that's the state I am in right now. Yesterday I ran the gamete of emotions. I woke up early and happy. I read my daily devotional out loud to Matthew (and Wrigley), wore a fucking dress, got to work early, made coffee, and got busy. It all started falling apart shortly after. By noon I was in full blown panic. The worst it has been in a month or more. I took my shoes off. I walked laps in my office, took a break from technology, did my deep breathing exercises, and tried my best form of distraction. Nothing worked. I called Matthew. I went home to see my dog. I changed my clothes and went to a coffee shop where I feel safe. Still nothing. I emailed my therapist. I took a Klonopin and I worked on rebounding. I got myself together and functioned well for the next few hours. Eventually it came back with a vengeance and I ended my day in tears. I wrapped myself up in all of the blankets  on the couch and fought restless legs for three hours. Three fucking hours. I eventually joined my husband in bed where I piled pillows on time of myself and proceeded to have nightmares. This morning I fought myself to get out of bed. All I wanted to do was hide away from the world. In the past that's exactly what I would've done. Matthew did what he does best and used his humor to get my ass up and going. Today I am dragging. All the coffee in the world can't bring me back up. I spent my morning back at the same coffee shop I went to yesterday. I was able to be semi productive work wise. I left and was able to have a conversation with my therapist and forced myself NOT to break down while on the phone. It helped a little bit. It also made me feel a little shitty. I took myself out to lunch hoping that would cheer me up. I did a little bit of work and started on the work he (my therapist) asked me to do. That's when it all came back and my emotional hangover reverted back to being drunk on emotions. A friend I trusted and thought I had as a support person did what I always fear the most. He told me to never talk to him again. The tears were immediate. I was in the middle of a restaurant with people surrounding me and I just broke down. I was immediately sad, angry, confused, and defeated. It happened again. I let myself believe that someone really cared about me and my struggles, and I trusted that they were genuine. And just like that they were gone. This pattern just. keeps. continuing. I packed up my shit, drank down my tear, and hightailed it to my car where I proceeded to cry and curse and bang the steer wheeling while yelling 'WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME?!" I have once again been abandoned. My life is a revolving door of people who either think they want to be my friend, never truly want to be my friend, don't know how to be my friend, or just simply give up on me. That takes the self esteem a few more notches down below non existent. People need emotional support. People need to be validated in their feelings. Maybe I need this on a higher level intensity than most, but maybe if I can ever get at least a little bit of what I need it will help me be more confident in myself.

One day I'd like to know what i's like to feel empowered instead of scared. I'd like to be able trust that when someone says "call me anytime!" they will answer the phone. I'd like to cry tears of joy and happiness, instead of tears of sadness. I can't kick this emotional hangover, and it's a terrible feeling.

                                     Its okay to be vulnerable and it's okay to put yourself out there. People will hurt you, that's a fact, but we can not allow that fear to paralyze us. Walk through the fear regardless how you feel. Amazing things are waiting!!:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost.

Life lately has been hard. I had a rough week and it seems to have carried through the weekend as well. I hate to even admit that because I'm trying to make some changes in my brain. I'm trying to hammer out what a bad day really is. I'm trying to learn what makes a bad day in Meghan's world. I've been down on myself lately and I don't even understand why. Nothing has changed. My anxiety is constant and I feel like I don't even remember what it's like to not be hyper vigilant. I am in this state of constant worry with "what ifs" running rampant in my brain. It's been having difficulty concentrating on my job, being present in conversations, and even caring about myself in general. I've been irritable and tired.  I just haven't been myself and because I don't know what the real issue is I don't know what to do to bring myself back. I'm stuck. I'm full of doubt and worry and none of it is worth the time I spend thinkin

Whatever Happened to Respect?

I've been thinking a lot lately. Shocker, I know. A friend of mine reached out to me a few months ago about my blog. He talked to me about how he had been tossing around the idea of starting a blog. I asked him what he wanted to write about. His reply really shocked me. He told me he often keeps his opinions to himself and is a "people pleaser" during conversations to avoid any arguments or disagreements between him and his friends. He told me that if his friends knew what his real thoughts and feelings on different topics were they would be really surprised. I was shocked! I didn't think he was one to just go with the crowd. I explained to him that I thought that was a great thing to write about and how I have worked my way out of being that same way. We talked about how keeping our mouth shut doesn't do any good in the long run and eventually it starts to really wear on a person to feel like they can never voice their opinion without feeling like your friends wi

i Don't Know How To Do This

Grieving is not something I have ever been good at. It's not that I haven't suffered any loss in my life, because there has certainly been plenty (even one loss is plenty, honestly) it's something else that I can't quite put my finger on. I am fortunate in that I haven't lost a person in my life, in the sense that they are no longer physically alive, in quite a few years. The last people I did lose were older relatives, which I think is different than someone you were close to on a work and personal level. So, here I am trying to figure out how to grieve the very sudden and even more tragic loss of the closest co worker I've probably ever had in Austin. And I don't know how to grieve her loss. She was in a tragic accident on Sunday, and her name was released yesterday afternoon. It was her and her daughter in her vehicle and neither of them survived. Christa was such a bright and happy person. Sure she was 20 years older than me but our connection was perf