Skip to main content

Mental [Exhaustion]

I have been so mentally exhausted lately. I feel like I'm always some sort of exhausted. Whether it be physically, mentally, or emotionally. It's no surprise for someone with anxiety disorder to constantly be exhausted. It's no surprised for anyone to be constantly exhausted, really. While part of it is me trying to adjust to Daylight Saving Time, the other part is my brain simply working on overdrive. My brain has been going around and around and around about so many things that I literally can't keep up.

I'd like to say that the biggest challenge is adjusting to the time change, but I think it all started before that. I have started to pay more attention to the way people treat me. In the process I have weeded out some of my so called "friends" who have been less than friendly to me. During all of this I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with ME. What makes me so terrible that people can say such mean things? What makes me so unfriendly that people think I'M the mean one? What do I do that is so wrong people can't see the good heart that beats inside of my chest? Am I that lame and boring that people don't want to invite me out for activities? The question that keeps spinning circles in my head is "WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?" Well, I found the answer. It wasn't clear right away and it's still not crystal clear. NOTHING! There is NOTHING wrong with me! It's character flaws of other people that are dragging me down. I never did anything to be treated so shitty. I didn't ask to be fed lies about how unhappy I appear. I didn't DO anything to deserve others to see me in a negative light. What I did was started standing up for myself.

While I've never been one to stand up for myself I've never been  push over, either. I have always known when to say no, and when to say yes. Speaking up when I feel like something isn't right is something I recently started doing. I'ts not going well. Mostly because the people who I've started standing up to are very good at pushing people down. All of the energy I have put into standing up for myself has me SO exhausted it's unreal. Having to get back up each time you get knocked down is a lot of work mentally. I have finally decided to just keep my head down.  That doesn't mean I am defeated. It means I have learned when it's worth the energy to speak up. It's no way to live life, but it's definitely a huge driving force behind me making some changes.

Mentally exhausted or not I refuse to let people treat me any less than I treat them or any less than I deserve to be treated. I always make a conscience effort to be the best version of me and be a nice human, that will not change no matter how poorly I am treated. I can guarantee you that when it comes to putting myself before other (friends, family), I will be putting myself first, and that is okay.

                                                      .:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost.

Life lately has been hard. I had a rough week and it seems to have carried through the weekend as well. I hate to even admit that because I'm trying to make some changes in my brain. I'm trying to hammer out what a bad day really is. I'm trying to learn what makes a bad day in Meghan's world. I've been down on myself lately and I don't even understand why. Nothing has changed. My anxiety is constant and I feel like I don't even remember what it's like to not be hyper vigilant. I am in this state of constant worry with "what ifs" running rampant in my brain. It's been having difficulty concentrating on my job, being present in conversations, and even caring about myself in general. I've been irritable and tired.  I just haven't been myself and because I don't know what the real issue is I don't know what to do to bring myself back. I'm stuck. I'm full of doubt and worry and none of it is worth the time I spend thinkin

i Don't Know How To Do This

Grieving is not something I have ever been good at. It's not that I haven't suffered any loss in my life, because there has certainly been plenty (even one loss is plenty, honestly) it's something else that I can't quite put my finger on. I am fortunate in that I haven't lost a person in my life, in the sense that they are no longer physically alive, in quite a few years. The last people I did lose were older relatives, which I think is different than someone you were close to on a work and personal level. So, here I am trying to figure out how to grieve the very sudden and even more tragic loss of the closest co worker I've probably ever had in Austin. And I don't know how to grieve her loss. She was in a tragic accident on Sunday, and her name was released yesterday afternoon. It was her and her daughter in her vehicle and neither of them survived. Christa was such a bright and happy person. Sure she was 20 years older than me but our connection was perf

Whatever Happened to Respect?

I've been thinking a lot lately. Shocker, I know. A friend of mine reached out to me a few months ago about my blog. He talked to me about how he had been tossing around the idea of starting a blog. I asked him what he wanted to write about. His reply really shocked me. He told me he often keeps his opinions to himself and is a "people pleaser" during conversations to avoid any arguments or disagreements between him and his friends. He told me that if his friends knew what his real thoughts and feelings on different topics were they would be really surprised. I was shocked! I didn't think he was one to just go with the crowd. I explained to him that I thought that was a great thing to write about and how I have worked my way out of being that same way. We talked about how keeping our mouth shut doesn't do any good in the long run and eventually it starts to really wear on a person to feel like they can never voice their opinion without feeling like your friends wi