Skip to main content

Falling....[apart]....At The Seams

It's almost 6:00 pm and I've had my pajama's on for almost an hour. I got off work at 3:00 today and had every intention of getting a movie, coming home, and hiding away from the world to feel sad and each chocolate and drink wine. Today was a hard day. Today I could've used a mental health day but I muddled through and I survived. I also realized how insanely nice it was outside so when I got home I got my pup leashed up and took him for a hike. When we got done I took him to the dog park. We got a good hours worth of sunshine and exercise which seemed to have boosted my mood a tiny bit. I still put my pajamas on when I got in, and gave Wrigley a new bone to keep him busy.

So here I am, watching a movie and sipping on some wine. I'm still sad. I still hurt inside, and I still want to hide away from the world. I think I've written before about how I hate to tell people when I have bad days or don't feel well because I don't want to be seen as weak. I have no idea when that idea started consuming me. I think it happened when I moved. I am so afraid of what people think about me that I am letting it consume me. In my mind I think that if I have a bad day everyone in my life is going to tell me that I shouldn't have moved away. This is not only completely false, but it is super annoying. I will have bad days for the rest of my life. I am human. Everyone has bad days. And then I realize that nobody probably gives a crap if I have a good day or a bad day. People have their own lives to worry about and how my mental status is fairing doesn't matter to 99% of the people in my life. And I don't blame them.

It's been a long week. Today was hard. Today I hate a lot of things. Today I hurt. Today I wish I had someone to hug. Today I wish I wasn't alone in this bit city that is my home now. Today I miss EVERYTHING familiar to me. I miss our old apartment in Sioux Falls; I miss our couch that we sold to a family that really needed it. I miss our ever dirty kitchen. I miss our unorganized spare bedroom. I miss the water pressure in our shower. I miss looking out the window to spy on neighbors. I miss it all, today. This place doesn't feel like home yet. I have a living room wall still lined with boxes that I can't unpack. I have a box of kitchen stuff that I don't have any room for. I have two kitchen chairs with no table. I have a recliner in the middle of the room with a tote for an end table. The majority of my bath towels are still in a box. I don't have a microwave to heat up leftovers. One of Matthew's Chicago Bears slippers is on the floor because I have no idea where it came from or where the other one is, so I just leave it there to make me think that he is here. The one clock I have on the wall has a dead battery and is stuck at 5:00 (HA! It's 5 o clock somewhere!) I still haven't slept worth a shit since the first night back in my own bed. I have run out of energy.

The only thing keeping me going is having a countdown on days until Matthew gets here. And it's too many. I fell apart a week or two ago, and I'm still trying to put the pieces together again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RUDE

I've been in a pretty dark spot lately. Not the darkest I've ever been but definitely darker than I feel is comfortable or normal. I haven't been sleeping the best which I think is adding to this darkness. I just can't seem to stop my mind from running circles in my head. I can't stop worrying, even though I have no idea what I am worried about. And I am pissed off. I'm pissed off because people are so fucking rude, and mean. I'm pissed off because I put so much time and energy into friendships when I have one that is a two way street. I am pissed off because some people have NO idea what the real world is, what life REALLY is, and how to treat people, especially strangers. I would never, ever, EVER say the things to other people that I have had said to me. I would never find out about a problem or illness a friend or relative had and completely cut off all contact and act as if I was never their friend to begin with. I'm pissed off because some people...

Compassion [Fatigue]

What is Compassion Fatigue? Is it real? Or is it some made up condition? I had a rough week last week where I was so emotionally dis regulated from running a gamut of up and down emotions. The good news is I was able to shake it off and enjoy my weekend full of activities. On Monday it all came to head and I was angry, tired, and realized I had a case of the "fuck its." I was sitting in my car before a meeting, listening to some music, and realized that I just simply do not care anymore. I don't have any shits to give about anyone, myself included. I started recounting the past few weeks of life and that is when Compassion Fatigue came to mind. I was exhausted/fatigued, and I didn't care. Surely I wasn't crazy for thinking this was a thing, was I? So, I did what normal people do and I took to Google. Here is what I found. "Studies confirm that caregivers play host to a high level of compassion fatigue. Day in, day out, workers struggle to function in care...

Weighted Blankets and Floor Beds and Jesus Music

Two hours ago I was almost asleep. Something woke me up and now here I am. Fighting the anxiety that is keeping me awake. I attempted my usual go to of getting my headphones and turning on my Jesus Music. After tossing and turning for an hour I got up and moved to the couch. I wasn't able to get comfortable there and my anxiety was only getting worse, so I went to the last resort, I made a floor bed. I gathered pillows and blankets and crawled underneath my newest anti anxiety tool. A weighted blanket. I have been wanting one for quite some time but they are so spendy that I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money. I had a guilty conscience about wanting to buy something so expensive when I already spend a lot of money going to therapy, buying coloring books, headphones that drown out the sound, the right clothes that help me maintain a steady body heat, and so many other little things that add up. A couple of weeks ago something told me to check eBay and I found one that...