Skip to main content

Grace. Lots of Grace.

**I stopped writing this post and just didn't have the energy to pick it back up. Well, here I am to see what I can make of this blog about Grace that I started so many weeks ago.


Happy New Year!!! I can't believe we're already 1/3 of the way through January. I don't remember when time started going so fast, but I know it wasn't this way when I was young. I never thought I would get past the awkward and terrible middle school years, or the never ending high school years. But, here we are; cruising through 2019 already!

I don't make New Years resolutions. At least, not since I was in middle school and used to write the word RESOLUTION out and make up some stupid thing with each letter. I did that because everyone else did. I attempted or had the idea of making resolutions other years between then and now, but they were never well thought out and they included the same shit like "lose weight", "join a gym", "find a hobby." The stuff that I have never been good at doing when I or someone else tells me to.

This year I decided that I would do better if I had a "theme" for the year. Something to ground me and remind me of how far I have come and where I am. I picked something that I struggle with so much. Grace. It is no secret that I am not so great at giving myself grace. I am really terrible to myself, emotionally abusive more often than not. It may not always seem that way from the outside, but I'm always comparing myself to other people in similar situations. I'm always telling myself that I'm not good enough. I tell myself that I am incapable when in fact I really am perfectly capable. I question my mothering. Why? Because the brain lies. So, this is where Grace comes in.

So many times when I have cried of vented or broken down in any way I have been told "just give yourself Grace." What even does that mean? Well, I'm finding out. I'm finding out that in the world we live in today with social media being a platform for people to show the best and brightest parts of their lives its really fucking easy to doubt yourself, compare yourself, and think that you suck. For someone who is already vulnerable and sensitive to this shit, it really wears you out. I know deep down inside of myself that I am worth so much more. Grace. I need to practice grace. I will practice grace. It's a whole lot easier to do when you're surrounded by people who are cheering you on, picking you up when you are down, and reminding you just how easy is can be to give yourself grace.

Grace, lots, and lots, of Grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RUDE

I've been in a pretty dark spot lately. Not the darkest I've ever been but definitely darker than I feel is comfortable or normal. I haven't been sleeping the best which I think is adding to this darkness. I just can't seem to stop my mind from running circles in my head. I can't stop worrying, even though I have no idea what I am worried about. And I am pissed off. I'm pissed off because people are so fucking rude, and mean. I'm pissed off because I put so much time and energy into friendships when I have one that is a two way street. I am pissed off because some people have NO idea what the real world is, what life REALLY is, and how to treat people, especially strangers. I would never, ever, EVER say the things to other people that I have had said to me. I would never find out about a problem or illness a friend or relative had and completely cut off all contact and act as if I was never their friend to begin with. I'm pissed off because some people...

Compassion [Fatigue]

What is Compassion Fatigue? Is it real? Or is it some made up condition? I had a rough week last week where I was so emotionally dis regulated from running a gamut of up and down emotions. The good news is I was able to shake it off and enjoy my weekend full of activities. On Monday it all came to head and I was angry, tired, and realized I had a case of the "fuck its." I was sitting in my car before a meeting, listening to some music, and realized that I just simply do not care anymore. I don't have any shits to give about anyone, myself included. I started recounting the past few weeks of life and that is when Compassion Fatigue came to mind. I was exhausted/fatigued, and I didn't care. Surely I wasn't crazy for thinking this was a thing, was I? So, I did what normal people do and I took to Google. Here is what I found. "Studies confirm that caregivers play host to a high level of compassion fatigue. Day in, day out, workers struggle to function in care...

Weighted Blankets and Floor Beds and Jesus Music

Two hours ago I was almost asleep. Something woke me up and now here I am. Fighting the anxiety that is keeping me awake. I attempted my usual go to of getting my headphones and turning on my Jesus Music. After tossing and turning for an hour I got up and moved to the couch. I wasn't able to get comfortable there and my anxiety was only getting worse, so I went to the last resort, I made a floor bed. I gathered pillows and blankets and crawled underneath my newest anti anxiety tool. A weighted blanket. I have been wanting one for quite some time but they are so spendy that I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money. I had a guilty conscience about wanting to buy something so expensive when I already spend a lot of money going to therapy, buying coloring books, headphones that drown out the sound, the right clothes that help me maintain a steady body heat, and so many other little things that add up. A couple of weeks ago something told me to check eBay and I found one that...