Skip to main content

{Thank God It's} FRIDAY


I don't think I've ever talked about how Friday is my absolute favorite day of the week. Even when I was unemployed for eight months that was one thing that never changed. I'm not sure when I realized that Friday was my favorite day, but I LOVE it. I seem to be in the best moods on Fridays even though 95% of the time we don't have anything special or out of the ordinary planned. It's just something about knowing I made it through another week. My work day is always short on Fridays (because I work hard the other 4 days!) so I am able to get some routine "chores" done before the weekend. I get to the grocery store, I do laundry, I work from home, I can schedule personal appointments, sometimes I take a nap. This summer I used Friday afternoons as my pool day. I read a book and soaked up as much vitamin D as I wanted. It's a constant in my sometimes hectic and unpredictable routine. Friday afternoons are mine as long as it works out for me to arrange my schedule as such. Fridays used to mean happy hour after work with Matthew, but we have gotten out of that habit since we don't work very close to each other anymore. It's okay, though. Instead it has turned into movie night, which is even better. Sometimes we get really crazy and dance around in the living room while we drink beer and listen to records. Those are probably my MOST favorite Friday nights, because they remind me of home. I don't get the excited feeling that I have on Fridays any other day of the week, not even Saturday or holidays.




I get to spend this Friday night back at home with the people I love and miss so much, there is no better feeling in the world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RUDE

I've been in a pretty dark spot lately. Not the darkest I've ever been but definitely darker than I feel is comfortable or normal. I haven't been sleeping the best which I think is adding to this darkness. I just can't seem to stop my mind from running circles in my head. I can't stop worrying, even though I have no idea what I am worried about. And I am pissed off. I'm pissed off because people are so fucking rude, and mean. I'm pissed off because I put so much time and energy into friendships when I have one that is a two way street. I am pissed off because some people have NO idea what the real world is, what life REALLY is, and how to treat people, especially strangers. I would never, ever, EVER say the things to other people that I have had said to me. I would never find out about a problem or illness a friend or relative had and completely cut off all contact and act as if I was never their friend to begin with. I'm pissed off because some people...

Compassion [Fatigue]

What is Compassion Fatigue? Is it real? Or is it some made up condition? I had a rough week last week where I was so emotionally dis regulated from running a gamut of up and down emotions. The good news is I was able to shake it off and enjoy my weekend full of activities. On Monday it all came to head and I was angry, tired, and realized I had a case of the "fuck its." I was sitting in my car before a meeting, listening to some music, and realized that I just simply do not care anymore. I don't have any shits to give about anyone, myself included. I started recounting the past few weeks of life and that is when Compassion Fatigue came to mind. I was exhausted/fatigued, and I didn't care. Surely I wasn't crazy for thinking this was a thing, was I? So, I did what normal people do and I took to Google. Here is what I found. "Studies confirm that caregivers play host to a high level of compassion fatigue. Day in, day out, workers struggle to function in care...

Weighted Blankets and Floor Beds and Jesus Music

Two hours ago I was almost asleep. Something woke me up and now here I am. Fighting the anxiety that is keeping me awake. I attempted my usual go to of getting my headphones and turning on my Jesus Music. After tossing and turning for an hour I got up and moved to the couch. I wasn't able to get comfortable there and my anxiety was only getting worse, so I went to the last resort, I made a floor bed. I gathered pillows and blankets and crawled underneath my newest anti anxiety tool. A weighted blanket. I have been wanting one for quite some time but they are so spendy that I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money. I had a guilty conscience about wanting to buy something so expensive when I already spend a lot of money going to therapy, buying coloring books, headphones that drown out the sound, the right clothes that help me maintain a steady body heat, and so many other little things that add up. A couple of weeks ago something told me to check eBay and I found one that...