Skip to main content

Prime Example

I had (in my world) what was a perfect weekend. On Friday I worked from home in the afternoon and got to take a nap when I was done for the day. Matthew and I then sat outside on our deck and watched the rain storm come through while having a drink. After going down the road for a couple of beers, we came back home to listen to music and make dinner. On Saturday I slept in, woke up with a slight headache, and was as productive as one could be with little ambition. We got our new washer and dryer delivered and installed so I was able to take care of the laundry that had piled up since Matthew's return! After lunch and a few rounds of Mario on WiiU (our newest addiction) we took a drive to find Matthew's new office, stopped at Target (of course) and then hit up my (so far) favorite Mexican place before going home for the night. When we got home we played some more Mario and watched some TV before hitting the hay early to prepare for the dreaded daylight savings time. Sunday was the best day. My boys and I went for a morning hike and had coffee before getting ready for a pool day! We laid out at an amazing watering hole that is just down the road from us! I cannot tell you how amazing it felt to lay outside, tan, and even get IN the water on March 13th. I have a feeling we will be going there often! The rest of the evening involved more Mario (yeah...I know), pizza for dinner, and a great movie before calling it a day.

That's when my perfect weekend went downhill, and fast. This is what I hate the absolute most about my anxiety. It creeps up on me out of nowhere and ruins so many wonderful things. I ended my amazing day in the middle of my living room floor at 2:30 am trying to calm down from an anxiety attack. What started it? Good question. I have no idea. The only thing that I can legitimately point it to is not being able to sleep. Not being able to sleep has, in the past, lead to bouts of major anxiety. I was so pissed off that it had to hit me like that in the middle of a Sunday night. I probably only got about four hours of sleep on Sunday night and paid for it all day on Monday. My mind wouldn't stop racing, my heart was pounding, and I constantly felt like someone was out to get me. That is no way to go about a Monday. I couldn't focus, and I just really struggled to make it through the day in one piece. Once I got home and did a few things like start supper, I felt better and was able to enjoy my Monday night. I slept much better last night and so Tuesday is a 100% mood improvement. Thank God.

That is one prime example of how quickly anxiety can set it. Out of nowhere. For no good reason. I am just thankful that I was able to kick it right back out as quickly as I was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RUDE

I've been in a pretty dark spot lately. Not the darkest I've ever been but definitely darker than I feel is comfortable or normal. I haven't been sleeping the best which I think is adding to this darkness. I just can't seem to stop my mind from running circles in my head. I can't stop worrying, even though I have no idea what I am worried about. And I am pissed off. I'm pissed off because people are so fucking rude, and mean. I'm pissed off because I put so much time and energy into friendships when I have one that is a two way street. I am pissed off because some people have NO idea what the real world is, what life REALLY is, and how to treat people, especially strangers. I would never, ever, EVER say the things to other people that I have had said to me. I would never find out about a problem or illness a friend or relative had and completely cut off all contact and act as if I was never their friend to begin with. I'm pissed off because some people...

Compassion [Fatigue]

What is Compassion Fatigue? Is it real? Or is it some made up condition? I had a rough week last week where I was so emotionally dis regulated from running a gamut of up and down emotions. The good news is I was able to shake it off and enjoy my weekend full of activities. On Monday it all came to head and I was angry, tired, and realized I had a case of the "fuck its." I was sitting in my car before a meeting, listening to some music, and realized that I just simply do not care anymore. I don't have any shits to give about anyone, myself included. I started recounting the past few weeks of life and that is when Compassion Fatigue came to mind. I was exhausted/fatigued, and I didn't care. Surely I wasn't crazy for thinking this was a thing, was I? So, I did what normal people do and I took to Google. Here is what I found. "Studies confirm that caregivers play host to a high level of compassion fatigue. Day in, day out, workers struggle to function in care...

Weighted Blankets and Floor Beds and Jesus Music

Two hours ago I was almost asleep. Something woke me up and now here I am. Fighting the anxiety that is keeping me awake. I attempted my usual go to of getting my headphones and turning on my Jesus Music. After tossing and turning for an hour I got up and moved to the couch. I wasn't able to get comfortable there and my anxiety was only getting worse, so I went to the last resort, I made a floor bed. I gathered pillows and blankets and crawled underneath my newest anti anxiety tool. A weighted blanket. I have been wanting one for quite some time but they are so spendy that I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money. I had a guilty conscience about wanting to buy something so expensive when I already spend a lot of money going to therapy, buying coloring books, headphones that drown out the sound, the right clothes that help me maintain a steady body heat, and so many other little things that add up. A couple of weeks ago something told me to check eBay and I found one that...