Skip to main content

Oh I'm Halfway There..

Hello readers! I am coming to you from Stillwater Oklahoma!! While our original road trip plan involved an overnight stay in Enid Oklahoma the bad weather kept us east of OKC and landed us here in Stillwater. We got a bit excited about all of the bad weather that was headed south for the day and re routed several times and got lost ZERO!

We went to bed around 10:30 last night and I fell asleep with my husband's arms around me and Wrigley curled up by my stomach. I woke up several times due to the neighbors, weird dreams, and being afraid of oversleeping my alarm clock. I finally rolled out of bed around 6:15, took a shower with Matthew, and finished packing up what needed to go into the car. We hit the road at 7:22 am. I wasn't even out of our parking lot when I realized I had forgotten the dog dishes at home, as well as the key to our lock box that is hidden away in my truck. We stopped around 9:30 for a bathroom break, which resulted in Wrigley trying to chase down a Husky with a turd hanging out of his butt and me trying to sneak him in the bathroom to clean him up. We were in Iowa somewhere and it was super cold and windy. This is where we got our first "re route" mapped. It's also where we witnessed two country bumpkins get into what appeared to be a domestic dispute before we sped out of there and hit the road. We made another stop for gas and lunch, and one for the bathroom before hitting our final destination.

Wrigley has never been on a trip that long (I think 9 hours is his longest) and he did so well. He spent most of the trip snoozing on my lap and when he wasn't doing that he was chewing on his bone or looking out the window trying to figure out where the hell we were going. I don't think he has a clue. I do think he is looking for Matthew now that we are settled in for the night, though. I had zero anxiety or fears when saying my goodbyes to my dad and Matthew, or driving down the road, or making different plans several times, or canceling one hotel room to get another. I was cool as a cucumber. Now that I am 600ish miles away I am finding out that I'm not as brave as I thought it was. I'm anxious about this change. I have anxiety and I want to do nothing more than curl up in a ball and cry. But I won't because I know I am strong. When I texted Matthew that his response made me smile and that was all the re assurance I needed in the moment. It didn't take away my anxiety but it sure helped.

For tonight I am settled into bed at the Fairfield in with my mom in the bed next to me. Lifetime is on the TV and I have a pup resting on my legs. I'll read my People magazine I snagged from my former employer and if I feel like it read my book. I'll go to sleep missing my husband and talking myself into being braver than I feel.

Goodnight from Oklahoma.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RUDE

I've been in a pretty dark spot lately. Not the darkest I've ever been but definitely darker than I feel is comfortable or normal. I haven't been sleeping the best which I think is adding to this darkness. I just can't seem to stop my mind from running circles in my head. I can't stop worrying, even though I have no idea what I am worried about. And I am pissed off. I'm pissed off because people are so fucking rude, and mean. I'm pissed off because I put so much time and energy into friendships when I have one that is a two way street. I am pissed off because some people have NO idea what the real world is, what life REALLY is, and how to treat people, especially strangers. I would never, ever, EVER say the things to other people that I have had said to me. I would never find out about a problem or illness a friend or relative had and completely cut off all contact and act as if I was never their friend to begin with. I'm pissed off because some people...

Compassion [Fatigue]

What is Compassion Fatigue? Is it real? Or is it some made up condition? I had a rough week last week where I was so emotionally dis regulated from running a gamut of up and down emotions. The good news is I was able to shake it off and enjoy my weekend full of activities. On Monday it all came to head and I was angry, tired, and realized I had a case of the "fuck its." I was sitting in my car before a meeting, listening to some music, and realized that I just simply do not care anymore. I don't have any shits to give about anyone, myself included. I started recounting the past few weeks of life and that is when Compassion Fatigue came to mind. I was exhausted/fatigued, and I didn't care. Surely I wasn't crazy for thinking this was a thing, was I? So, I did what normal people do and I took to Google. Here is what I found. "Studies confirm that caregivers play host to a high level of compassion fatigue. Day in, day out, workers struggle to function in care...

Weighted Blankets and Floor Beds and Jesus Music

Two hours ago I was almost asleep. Something woke me up and now here I am. Fighting the anxiety that is keeping me awake. I attempted my usual go to of getting my headphones and turning on my Jesus Music. After tossing and turning for an hour I got up and moved to the couch. I wasn't able to get comfortable there and my anxiety was only getting worse, so I went to the last resort, I made a floor bed. I gathered pillows and blankets and crawled underneath my newest anti anxiety tool. A weighted blanket. I have been wanting one for quite some time but they are so spendy that I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money. I had a guilty conscience about wanting to buy something so expensive when I already spend a lot of money going to therapy, buying coloring books, headphones that drown out the sound, the right clothes that help me maintain a steady body heat, and so many other little things that add up. A couple of weeks ago something told me to check eBay and I found one that...